Thursday 13 November 2014

Album: Top 5 Songs from 1989 (Taylor Swift)

Hello!!!


1989 is definitely one of the best albums in 2014 for me. It is Taylor Swift's fifth album after Taylor Swift (2006), Fearless (2008), Speak Now (2010) and Red (2012). I'm a huge fan of her and to me this is her best album to date. I love the 80's pop influence in this album and it sounds so different from her previous albums. To pick only 5 songs from this album is so confusing. My ranking is changing everyday. But right now, this is my Top 5 songs from 1989;

5. Out of the Woods

"Looking at it now
Last December, we were built to fall apart..."

I love the beats in the intro so much. And the chorus (even though it's repetitive), I still enjoy it. The first and second verse are strong. 
9/10


4. Shake It Off

"And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate,
Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake..."

The first time I listened to this song, I'm not really a fan of it but it grows on me a lot. The message in this song is very positive. And the beats just make you want to shake your booty and dance along with Taylor Swift (and leave you wondering if your dance is better than her). 
9/10


3. Welcome to New York

"It's a new soundtrack,
I could dance to this beat, beat, forevermore..."

This song somehow reminds me of 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'. I really like the whole vibes in this song. It's like you're welcoming something new into your life. It's a feel-good song. It makes you happy and just want to enjoy your life. 
9.5/10


2. Style

"You got that James Dean day dream look in your eye,
And I got that red lip classic thing that you like..."

First time I listened to this song, I just love it instantly. It's very catchy and the chorus is really strong. This song should be a single. So much potential. 
10/10


1. Blank Space

"Got a long list of ex-lovers,
They'll tell you I'm insane..."

My favorite song from 1989. It is the official second single from this album. This song is like a warning to the boys who might want to date her next time. I love how Taylor 'mocked' her relationship in this song. The music video is really good. 
10/10


Overall Rating

~5 STARS~

No comments:

Post a Comment