Sunday 5 October 2014

Review: The Selection Series (The Selection, The Elite & The One) by Kiera Cass


Kiera Cass

America Singer was chosen to be a part of 'The Selection' which is a competition to find the future queen. Despite the support from her family, America has no interest to be in the competition due to her feeling to her secret boyfriend, Aspen. They hide their relationship due to the caste system. 

Aspen decides to let America find her own destiny and break up with her. Devastating by Aspen's decision, America decides to enter the competition. A total of 35 girls were chose to be in The Selection and they will be eliminated one by one until the Prince decides on his true love. 

A fortunate meeting with the Prince Maxon, causes them to befriend each other. America promises Prince Maxon that she will help Prince Maxon to find the perfect wife for him. All he needs to do is keeping America as far as he can. 

However both of them starts to fall in love with each other. She begins to think that she could marry him and forgets Aspen. But, when America see Aspen again at the castle as a guard, she become confused. 

The first thing that came to my mind when I read this book was The Bachelor/Bachelorette. The similarities are there and I can't help myself from comparing this book with the reality tv show. 


But I still enjoyed the whole series. It took me less than a week to finish all three books. I really like America. I think she is a very strong character. I like her determination and she is an easy heroine to root for. I love the way she tried to fit in to the royal circle but never lost herself in the process. 


Between all three books, my favorite is definitely the first one. But the other 2 are still good. I'm glad that I wait for all three books to be released before I started to read this series. The final book (The One) is a great conclusion to this series. It was intense and nerve-wrecking. I'm still sad because one of my characters in this book was killed in the third book but the ending still managed to make me appreciate the series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment