Sunday 19 October 2014

Review: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz


Benjamin Alire Saenz

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of Universe tells a story of two boys who meet during the summer in 1987. They meet at the public swimming pool. Even though, they have nothing in common (Aristotle aka Ari is a very angry teenager while Dante is the sweetest person on earth), they discover that they share a beautiful bond together. Through their friendship, they learn the truth about themselves and who they want to be someday. 

After I finished the book, I really didn't know how to describe my feeling. I was sad that the book ends, I was happy with the ending, I was grateful to read the book and I was upset that I finished the book too fast. I was totally confused and just like that, I kiss this book. 


I really (12 times) love the book. I was pretty sure, no book will top 'The Fault In Our Stars' in my heart but this book did it. I knew about this book last year, but I never intend to read it even though I knew it received so many awards. Until I saw it in my local bookstore and I decided to buy it. And in the next two days, I finished the book. 


Both Ari & Dante are such an amazing and interesting characters. They are different from each other and to know how they connect with each other is amazing. I can relate to Ari. He felt so lonely and he didn't have much friends. So when he met Dante and miraculously like him, I was happy for him too. 

The writing is amazing. I'm so going to check his other books. I'm not sure if I saw his other books in my local bookstore but I'm going to find it. Fantastic book, full with likable characters and I totally recommend this book.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment