Saturday 13 September 2014

Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green



Hazel Grace & Augustus meet during the cancer patients' support group meeting and the two bonds immediately after the meeting. Their relationship grows stronger especially after they give each other's favorite book to read. When one of the books, An Imperial Affliction ends without a proper conclusion, Augustus decides to use his wish (something like Make-A-Wish Foundation) and brings along Hazel with him to Amsterdam in order to find the writer of the book. 

 I read this book several times (maybe 4 or 5) and I watched the movie version 3 times, but I never grew tired of it. Two main characters are so likable. I love the way Hazel living her life. She's very thoughtful and smart. And Gus... He's so charming. His sense of humor is definitely his biggest asset. 



I was expecting a depressing read considering I kinda knew the ending of the book before I read it but I was so wrong. Yeah, two main characters are sick but the book isn't about it. It's about being fall in love. 




This book is funny and heart-wrenching at the same time. I strongly recommend the book. It makes me look at life in a different way. The story is so real and touching. Definitely the book of the generation to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment